Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Petition to reduce fuel duty

I haven't actually read the link, but what's the point in a petition? I'm fairly sure the Government know that people want to pay less for petrol.

It's sort of like a petition to confirm that the public doesn't like getting punched in the groin.

Not having a go at you, just a general observation/rant :bad-words: :grin:

Well yeah, I agree, but it's better than doing nothing at all :D

..in fact direct action is needed, like a few years back when petrol hit £1 a litre. Right now it seems like people are just accepting the cost and not doing anything. The French are up in arms about it, hauliers going on strike and what not (but then again the French strike about *anything* :lol:)

If the whole UK just boycotted the petrol pumps for a few days, I'm sure the government would do something about the extortionate fuel duty. They can afford to, seeing as the rise in the price of oil means they take a greater amount as a percentage

Well yeah, I agree, but it's better than doing nothing at all :D

..in fact direct action is needed, like a few years back when petrol hit £1 a litre. Right now it seems like people are just accepting the cost and not doing anything. The French are up in arms about it, hauliers going on strike and what not (but then again the French strike about *anything* :lol:)

If the whole UK just boycotted the petrol pumps for a few days, I'm sure the government would do something about the extortionate fuel duty. They can afford to, seeing as the rise in the price of oil means they take a greater amount as a percentage

fair game to the french thou they get the job done and dont take any crap.

and there fuel is cheaper than ours