Sign in to follow this  
Tedb

2.0l 16v Lambda Probe Harness Connector

Fitted a new Lambda Probe over the weekend to my 16 valver, (original bosch) was feeling very pleased with myself until I went to connect it up. Black wire on Female part of Connector is disconnected or severed or broken...don't know how this happened and wonder if it happended recently or not, very hard to tell exactly if this disconnection is intentional or not..it's right down in the connector fitting, the black wire would connect up with the brown wire or earth on the male connector. So if any of you kind souls have a 16V 2.0 litre can you check for me if all 4 wires going into the female part of the connector are fully connected or not? Connector is a 4 pin connector mounted on a bracket located at the back of the enginebay near the manifold. The male part of the Connector goes to the Lambda Probe, the female part feeds into the main wiring loom at some point.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for that, that's great, sounds almost too good to be true..so, in effect, only 3 wires actually function on the female Harness connection to the male Lambda Probe connection, is that correct?

Thanks

I think the 4th should be there if it's in the loom but yeah, it earths thru the bracket ontop of the rear engine mount like the G60 - I have run a seperate earth strap to the exhaust manifold from here as it's a known failure point (the VR6 earths back thru the loom)

The harness connector usually breaks do to excessive engine movement (ie mounts)

VW do repair wires for these plugs - if you need one Ted I can post one out to you, just PM me your address.

Also check the violet wire - this is the signal wire!