Sign in to follow this  
ProdigalSon

boost monkey - British GT - Rockingham - pics

Spent a slightly cold and rainy afternoon today at Rockingham, watching various car races courtesy of a guest pass furnished by our very own boost monkey :clap:

He was working for Team Modena this weekend, and I got some pics of the Team Modena paddock and the GT Championship race :grin:

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf_DSC8602.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

Book1.pdf_DSC8600.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8614.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

ETKA Corrado.pdf_DSC8604.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8606.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

Corrado92.pdf_DSC8610.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC8612.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC8617.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8619.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

_DSC8609.jpg[/attachment:3h35813r]

Some pics of the race itself, taken from about 3 miles away in the stands :roll:

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf_DSC8630.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

Book1.pdf_DSC8640.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8644.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8666.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

ETKA Corrado.pdf_DSC8672.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8691.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

Corrado92.pdf_DSC8697.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC8709.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC8725.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

_DSC8727.jpg[/attachment:9nbb1rzb]

Not a great finish for TM, but notice of the race curtailment wasn't passed to the teams by the race officials, which makes strategy a bit useless!

Thanks Adz, I used a Nikon D50 camera back, with a 18-70mm zoom lens for the in-garage shots, and a 70-300mm zoom for the track shots - that long lens has the Vibration Reduction gadget built in, which is the mutts nuts :grin: Without it most of those long shots would be just colourful blurs... :roll:

Still wanting a D300 though... *hides window as wife walks in the room* :lol: Was a top day though, just a shame it was such dull weather.

:salute:

Yeah wasn't a great day due to TONS of issues (not making excuses!) but we did get a podium spot yesterday. #11 is the brand new Gallardo recently sprayed up in the on-site booth back in Wycombe, but luckily already race prepped to GT3 by Reiter Engineering from whom the car came. In fact I have an interesting story to tell about a very spontaneous trip to COlogne to get some lambo parts...but that is for another time :|

#21 is the car that flipped at Oulton. Recently placed on the jig and straightened out (we have the only one outside of Automobili Lamborghini in Italia) and re-prepped to the same spec.

Will elaborate when I haven't just returned home from a 4-day 48-hour working race weekend! :salute:

:salute:

Hope you like the pics, I've got hi-res too :wink:

#21 is the car that flipped at Oulton. Recently placed on the jig and straightened out (we have the only one outside of Automobili Lamborghini in Italia) and re-prepped to the same spec.

:shock: That's pretty amazing. You pulled a Gallardo back into shape?! :doc: :bonk: :notworthy:

Will elaborate when I haven't just returned home from a 4-day 48-hour working race weekend! :salute:

Would love to hear the inside scoop on how the day went down, as some of it was a bit surreal watching it from the stands... :scratch: :shrug: :confused4:

Thanks Adz, I used a Nikon D50 camera back, with a 18-70mm zoom lens for the in-garage shots, and a 70-300mm zoom for the track shots - that long lens has the Vibration Reduction gadget built in, which is the mutts nuts :grin: Without it most of those long shots would be just colourful blurs... :roll:

Still wanting a D300 though... *hides window as wife walks in the room* :lol: Was a top day though, just a shame it was such dull weather.

Cool thanks, I really really want a SLR so like to know what takes great pics.

Hopefully Mrs Rat is gettin me one for xmas

Jacked in the lambo job today, WAY too many 10-12 hour days for what seems to be ~£4 an hour if my maths is any good.

Knock Hill and Rockingham were fun, but as a summer job? no thanks.