Sign in to follow this  
12main12

Steering Column...Keys. Corrado G60 Help?

Hi Guys I'm new To The Site.

Ive just bought my friends old corrado G60 that's been sitting in her garden for nearly two years, I'm intending on doing it up as a project.

the cars got no keys...!!! bummer, but its open. Ive managed to snap the steering column where it bolts on under neath the dash.

what would be easiest to do, and what would work.

1) Getting a whole set of locks for the car and a steering column ? and would this work with electrics, immobiliser etc ? also would a golf MK 1/2 steering column

2) Get a New key Cut for the lock barrel ? and putting it on a new steering column

any ideas would be great guys.

corr web.jpg[/attachment:1qvwqkj0]

Cheers Dave

You could have removed the lock barrel without damaging the column! The G60 doesn't have a key based immobiliser. You can retumble door locks.

This has been a breif post.

You could have removed the lock barrel without damaging the column! The G60 doesn't have a key based immobiliser. You can retumble door locks.

Yeah but the Barrel is locked into the steering Column this makes it hard to seperate eathier of the 2 without doing damage somwhere ???

Yeah but the Barrel is locked into the steering Column this makes it hard to seperate eathier of the 2 without doing damage somwhere ???

There is a way to remove the lock barrel, which I'm not so keen on going into on a public forum, but the process is outlined in the golf haynes manual.

Cheers I'll look into it.

and does any one know if a Golf Column would fit ? as these are easier to come by ???

[offtopic] Looks like your friend had a bonnet release mishap at speed, judging by the windscreen and concave bonnet (I had the same happen in December) :shock:

Shame to have left it in a garden for 2 years though :cry: [/offtopic]

Good luck with the project :thumbleft:

[offtopic] Looks like your friend had a bonnet release mishap at speed, judging by the windscreen and concave bonnet (I had the same happen in December) :shock:

Shame to have left it in a garden for 2 years though :cry: [/offtopic]

Good luck with the project :thumbleft:

Yep thats what happened, and its managed to receive a bump to the front end in the process... ill get it back to its former glory though. :)