G60Dan

G60 Injectors

Just a quick question.

What injectors are the G60 fitted with as STD & what upgrades are there

Cheers

Dan

the standards are green think they are around 260cc

The usual upgrades are to reds these are i think in cc, 310

Youll need a chip to run the reds. and lots of boost to make um worthwhile.

i went reds for 2 reasons.

1. i wanted to run a 65mm with good boost.

2. my injectors like most are around 11 yrs old, must be past their best and mine was starting to run lean up top which it hadn't done before. i presumed a injector or 2 was starting to run weak. i could be wrong it could have been the regulator, vac etc.

SNS are the boys on this speak to bilal.

some say its bad to run um without enough boost, itll run rich but i cant see why not. its in the mapping. if a scoobie can run 440cc standard for 208hp then im sure a 310cc injector can be mapped cleanly for 180-200 or even standard

$220 for 8 at http://www.Summitracing.com in fuel delivery, they are badged as fordmotorsport but made by bosch. You will need to pay extra for shipping and alsoimport duty when you receive them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe that g-man does them for £120 for 4. Alot less hassle, he can get you a chip too.

Gavin

$220 for 8 at http://www.Summitracing.com in fuel delivery, they are badged as fordmotorsport but made by bosch. You will need to pay extra for shipping and alsoimport duty when you receive them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe that g-man does them for £120 for 4. Alot less hassle, he can get you a chip too.

Gavin

Cheers

I have a Jabba Chip & 68mm pulley, I'm looking for better fuel return ideally. By making the car more efficient, it's going to get faster too - which is always great. I was thinking, by uprating the injectors, it's going to complement the bigger intercooler I have plans to get in the new year.

I want to try & see 200bhp before I open up the engine so to speak.

I upgraded from standard Green Injectors to Grey ones when i had my G60 remapped at Jabbasport. I now run about 230bhp at the flywheel....Im not sure how much more Red injectors give...

Do you have a p/n & cost on the greys?

Do you have much else done to your c?

Welcome to the board by the way! :D

cheers, saw the link about injectors so thought i`d jump on....Jabba sport would probably help you with the p/n but they cost me £75 each !!!

Cars got R1 charger, gas flowed head with larger vales and cam and lots of porting and polishing.....Its the White Golf featured in PVW Nov Edition..

id go reds min.

the greys aren't as big as reds i believe. go even bigger maybe if SNS has sorted the mapping for 42#? depends what you are planning. if its a 16v turbo then id go 42

see bilal. he can sort you the complete pack-injectors, chip, pulley(if you want a smaller one)FPR and proper after sales support.

g60PM - Just been on http://www.performancevwmag.com/ & can't seem to find the car. Sounds like a quick car though. You run any 1/4 miles yet?

Gaz - what is the boost difference between the 68 &65mm pulley? Is it advisable to go for the even smaller pulley. Can a std bottom end handle the extra strain?

Any part numbers for thoughs injectors would be very helpful.

Thanks lads

Dan

G60Dan, you wont find it on the website....It was only in the mag.....I was also in the October issue at the group thrashm, but the times were quite poor.....

Last year at Intesr my best 0-60 was 6.7...But i only have a top mounted Intercooler, im changing that for a front mount instead to see if its any quicker !

im not sure on part no's. go to summit racing as gavin suggests. thats were they come from.

not sure. my charger is due a rebuild not im sure but when i first fitted it it was making 17psi peak with the front mount. i never used it on the standard cooler. i uprated the usuals, exhaust, filter, charger to stage 4, intercooler to frontmount, fixed any issues with sensors etc. before i went to SNS and 65mm. it still magnified the underlying issues that i still had.

id say firstly its charger dependent. there will be people who make more boost than i do with a 68. what i wanted was lots of low down and not to run out of fuel.

id say i made around 10psi by 2-2500rpm. it holds pretty static and then moves up as you go up the revs to 17 or so. depending on ambient air too.

it pegged out on 20psi a couple of times when i first fitted. always seemed to be in first or second gear too. usually see the peak boost in 4th or so.

its not popped yet. i reckon the block could handle probly the equiv of 25psi from a Glader. theres peeps doing 20 with a turbo and thats more volume of air

i could go on forever about findings but i wont

has anyone heard of blue injectors?

just bought a g60 fuel rail and its got blue injectors :?

fire over the part number and i will have a check for you .. what s the rail from a g60 ????

Are you sure they're not the green ones? Mine's got the standard Green's in and they're starting to look very blue after 225K miles! :?

Are you sure they're not the green ones? Mine's got the standard Green's in and they're starting to look very blue after 225K miles! :?

Ian - I think I'd look blue after 225k.. :lol:

:lol: :lol: You didn't see the state of the inside of the block! :shock: :lol: