Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

to buy or not to buy an engine...

what's a good price for an r32 engine?

i have the chance to buy one from a mk5 with loom, pedal sender, ecu, downpipe, cats lambdas etc (think that's got everything covered that i need for the conversion).

it has done 12000 miles and the bloke wants 1600 sheets for it delivered, but i might be able to beat him down to 1500...

seems like a good price to me - any comments?...

Matey, that seems like a good price to me. Hopefully kadvr6 (Karl) will be along in a minute. That's what he's been up to and I know he got a pretty good price on his set up. If you pm him, he might be able to help you out with other contacts to source one if needs be. Storm Developments can make you up an R32 loom with Emerald ECU that will connect into the standard clocks, I believe. Again, Karl can give you the details.

Yeah, I got offered one (Mk5) for 1500 notes a while back. I thought this was a good price :)

And the last I enquired Storm Developments wanted £1350 to supply and fit the Emerald.

yeh £1500 is a good price mate, i have seen them go for anything upto £2200 on e-bay, plus depending on how your gonna do it?? you could sell loads of bits that you wont need.

and when i phoned up storm they were gonna charge me £1200 all in for the emerald.

but £1500 is over 4 times what i paid for mine though 8)

karl "the bargain hunter"

i thought that it was a good price, just checking.

good job really....... i've just agreed to buy it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i didn't know that storm would charge that to supply/fit the emerald. that is tempting, but it's getting delivered with absolutely everything, so i think i'll just run the standard ecu etc, mapped for the car obviously - almost certainly by PSI...

(i'm going to be itching for the rest of the time i'm out of the country now! - i want to get back and get stuck into it! :tongue: )