Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

really annoying noise/rattle, help please!

yeah i guess, having asked so many people about it i had kinda realised i would just have to deal with it and as you said hope it goes away! cant see it happening though! oh well

Well like i say mate, mines alot quieter then it was when i first had it fitted, so there's still hope ;)

How many miles have you covered since fitting it, what manifold is it?

i havent fitted a manifold, my car had a miltek exhaust which was so nice and sounded soo nice, but the cat rattled really badly so following the suggestion of the garage i use i had a de-cat pipe fitted and it has made the noise ever since! :(

yeah i guess, having asked so many people about it i had kinda realised i would just have to deal with it and as you said hope it goes away! cant see it happening though! oh well

Well like i say mate, mines alot quieter then it was when i first had it fitted, so there's still hope ;)

How many miles have you covered since fitting it, what manifold is it?

i havent fitted a manifold, my car had a miltek exhaust which was so nice and sounded soo nice, but the cat rattled really badly so following the suggestion of the garage i use i had a de-cat pipe fitted and it has made the noise ever since! :(

Ah but it will be the same concept of the air (exhaust) rushing through a clean pipe. It should still quieten down.

This is about the most similar to my problem at the minute except I have just had a Jetex cat-back exhaust fitted and obviously kept the cat. It is only at certain points through the rev-scale but it sounds like an empty aerosol as described here. I'm hoping it is just the heatshield on the exhaust or the under-shield on the cat. If not what could it be? Could it be something to do with the new exhaust? I mean the actual exhaust and air running through it's pipes or does this only apply to maifolds and de-cats?

I suppose it could happen with an exhaust too, but not sure tbh. By the way Heatwrap quietens the manifold noise down. :D sorry not much help to you Joey.