Sign in to follow this  
Gareth_16V

Standard Fit Alarm on 1995 2.0 16V

Hi All,

First of all, apologies if this question has been asked a thousand times before! I have used the Search function in the top right but I've not really found what I'm after, so here goes:-

I am looking at buying a 1995 2.0 16V Corrado; I previously had a Golf Mk2 8V GTi which I then changed for a Honda Civic (sorry, :gag: ) but now I fancy something VAG shaped once more.

Can anyone tell me what model of alarm is fitted to the above car. It has a Scorpion standard fit total closure alarm, but I need the actual model number for insurance purposes. I have seen on a different thread that someone's VR of similar vintage is fitted with a Scorpion 918. The car I'm looking at has the same type of remote fob, so can I take it as read that is this the same as the ones fitted to the 16V? After all, we all know what assumption did......

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Gareth.

It's pretty much a moot point as most insurers will not recognise it as a current / Thatcham approved alarm system... not even sure what the actual model number is!