Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

I've lost reverse - now fixed!

Best replace it as quickly as possible, you don't want it leaving you stranded miles from home for such a cheap part. Luckily mine broke as I was parking up outside my house.

Its quite easy to do, a little fiddly but nothing 5 minutes of swearing won't help.

starters done now, had to drive an auto corsa for a week as i had no time with work to do it!

part for gears finally came into the stealers weds so picking up tomorrow, still a long list of faults to fix but so glad to get back into it this week...

fitted said part over a week ago and got all my gears working really well, and then...

on a long drive jumped out of 5th, trying to put back into gear makes a slight grinding noise now that rac tried to adjust it - i was only after a tow home 150miles.

that said from point of break-down to getting home took over 9hrs!! Rac will be getting a big complaint for this one and i stil have to fix the damn car again!

If your having similar problems with loss of gears i would suggest looking at 'lost 5th gear' where my saga at least continues...

reverse and 5th seem to be the usual suspects, these two posts have helped me so far