Sign in to follow this  
thebigjc420

Spray them black?

Hi, I have just got some new seats on ebay as my old seats were pretty messed up, 'bout 6 cigarette burns in the back and lots of stains! :pukeright: The new ones i got are black cloth and in immactulate condition :D , my door cards however are grey... if i were to spray them black to match the new seats a) would it be worth doing, b) what paint would i use, spray/material...etc c) if the answer to a and b is no, anyone got some black (not leather) door cards going...? Cheers

I've resprayed the headlining with fabric paint, so it should 'in theory' work for the door cards. I stress the 'in theory' part, and the finish is good but not great. Given the amount you need though to get a good finish it'd be cheaper to get replacement cards. Check the for sale section for ones being broken as they come up quite often... Also I do believe somewhere I have a couple of rear quarter ones in black - where abouts are you based??

Cool, i may give it a go! 'theory' is good enough for me, if all else fails i'll find some elsewhere. I'm also in Surrey, nr Camberley. Would be interested in you rear cards... can you get a picture?

Cheers

I'll see what I can rustle up tomorrow mate :D

Nice one! :grin:

Hello mate - I've found my rear quarter cards (after finding some grey ones I never knew I had :lol: ). They look fine apart from being a bit grubby, and a little damage one the pointy bits towards the front where the board has snapped, however that is nothing a little glue wouldn't cure. If you're interested you can have them for the price of a gallon of fuel :D if you can collect. You can see how my respraying turned out for yourself then.