Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Home refurbing A8 'fat fives' black

I've decided that running the Corrado everyday is daft, its costing me a fortune in bits and pieces to keep it running and 400miles+ a week is putting the miles up at a crazy rate, so i've got myself a passat diesel for the job now and after picking up some A8 18x8.5 fat fives i want to satin black them and wack them on the car,

01.jpg

they have a few scuffs so i'd like to know the best way of filling these and what paint to use for the job? was thinking of roughing up the surface then using some hammerite special primer for alloy then hammrite spray on satin black... anyone done this or could recomend a better way?

hi Andy,

well i did a home re-furb on my RC's, the edges had some rather nasty chunks in them, i used something called Mettalik from halfords, just fill in the scratches/dents with the stuff, let it dry over night and then sand it down till its flat.

i used some simoniz acrylic engine enamel on the alloys, and itys very very tough when its cured, even when the tyres were put on the engine enamel was not damaged at all.

karl

cheers boys, i'll let you know how i get on :D

Pics or STFU Andy... :lol:

Oh and here's what I have been threatening you with...

Cashmere_Flat_Cap_Beige_Check.JPG

Just off to find the Labrador and dog guard for you now! :grin: