Sign in to follow this  
blackboy VR6

electric window problems help!

Pressed passenger side window button today and window came down, heard a clunk and window came straight back on its own and now wont work at all. also wont work from passenger side switch,

im thinking that it cant be the motor broke or else how would it of came back up

any idea's ?

95 VR6 model

Think you'll have to take the door card of and see if it's come off its runners.

One of the plastic lugs which connect winder mechanism to the window runner (below glass) keeps popping off mine from time to time.

Annoying but easy to fix.

took door card off 2day and nothing i see seems 2 be loose or hanging off , when i press the switch i can hear and feel the motor click, but thats all i get no movement, how hard is it to remove and fit motor its pop-riveted in more help would be nice some 1 must of had same prob or had 2 replace the motor, does any1 know if both windows work off same relay as the drivers side is fine

thanks

ive done it before, you have to drill the rivets out and rivet it back in, not sure if the motor comes off, i think it should do, i replaced the whole mech on mine as cable and fixings had broke

after closer inspection found that the cable had snapped, found a motor and mech from breakers they wanted £60 for it and 40 to fit it, had a look at the job myself and thought id have a go.

drill rivets out

unbolt the 2 nuts holding window glass in then pop out the 2 white roller bushes from the metal supports

with a bit force and a lot of fiddling about it all comes out.

2 put back in i needed to remove the glass from the door as mech would'nt go back in, once the window was out the way, it was easy

window was a little tricky gettin back in, the problem is the stupid rubbber spacers that hold the motor in place still have the rivet in and i couldnt get it all out,

Just to top it off i found a motor and mech for £20 from another corrado owner so all in im well pleased :clap: saved £80 and did it myself

Having problem with this plastic lug on the drivers door - mines popping out all the time aswell :( Anyone know where i can get another one from? :? Cheers in advance.....

Hey im having some problems with the electric windows on mine (1990 16v 1.8 version). One of them has slipped off of the runner and the glass is now loose (but in one peice) inside the door. Anyone have any advice? All iv done is pulled it back up so its wedged in position but if i try and open it it falls straight back off. How do i re-attacch it? Any help appreciated!!