Sign in to follow this  
Fenn

ABS + MOT.......... FAILED!

Right, just had my 95 8v corrado MOT'ed and failed on not having an ABS light let alone a working one! where on the dash should it be? as i've had a look behind the blanks and...... well fankly drawn a blank. tryed to read any ABS fault codes but can't connect with the ecu and the wheels lock up so the ABS is not working.

Anyone got any ideas as i need a light to pass the MOT.

As you look at the dash it is the top light above the fog light switches should be two switches wide.

hope this helps.

Thnaks For the speedy reply!

there is a double blank there but it's a blank, not a ABS light. looks like someones junked the light as there is a long thin connector behind it which i can only assume is for the light. Anyone got a spare one they want to sell or have a part number?

There are some for sale on here at the moment. The problem is dodgy sellers sometimes get rid of the light as there is a problem with abs. This sounds like your problem so expect to have to have some work done on the ABS system when you have fitted the new light.

Ian

yeah, i know the lghts only the beginning but it's a start.

the brakes needed looking anyway as there hard when the engines off, but squidgy when the engine running.

whats do i need to check because i can't get my code reader to link with the ABS system?

yeah, i know the lghts only the beginning but it's a start.

the brakes needed looking anyway as there hard when the engines off, but squidgy when the engine running.

whats do i need to check because i can't get my code reader to link with the ABS system?

servo make them squidgy for want of a better word thats normal

for vaccum servo assistance between an engine stopped and running.

but the brakes are not very good at all!

i have 2 other VW and both have better brakes.

what i was getting at is there's no air in the system. so i suspect theres an ABS problem hence the fact that theres no ABS light.