Sign in to follow this  
was8v

Grr VAGCAT wrong numbers. PN for gear linkage bolt req (pic)

Why did they bother with VAGCAT, lots of part numbers are out of order and dont correspond to the part indicated.

Anyway, I'm after the part number for the little captive bolt that sits in the gear linkage, under the shift weight and cable.

Its numbered 50 in the diagram, vagcat calls it a "gasket" with part number: N 90429401

Thats clearly wrong, its mroe likely to be 51 which is described as "nut, square M8" with part number 1J0711256

Can anyone confirm this who has the proper etka? Cheers.

the part number and diagram number are above the description of each item, so

50 N 90429401

nut, square

M8 /

Looks correct to me.

or pick up an M8 square nut from B&Q.

Why did they bother with VAGCAT, lots of part numbers are out of order and dont correspond to the part indicated.

My good man, let me demonstrate to you how the odd-listing world of VAGCAT works :salute:

the part number and diagram number are above the description of each item

Coolrado is completely correct, the part number is above the description, have a look a these screenshots I just mocked up:

wrongei3.jpg

This is how you were reading it, you are correct in presuming that the dark grey lines indicate each item's 'box', but they do not. You need to look at the 'box shading' as follows:

rightuh0.jpg

This is correct.

Hope this helps,

Jon.

Duh, I feel stupid now! I've been using VAGCAT for ages for the diagrams but never trusted the part numbers!

Thanks very much!

Maybe your little guide could be stickied or put in the knowledge base?

Theres a random M8 nut on there at the moment, and it isnt held still by the "cage" of the selector. This makes it almost impossible to tighten properly. Hence I'll get the correct part, EDIT: 0.26 euro is ok for a nut!