Sign in to follow this  
wallpaper_01

Leather Interior

When did volkswagen start putting leather interiors inside corrados? And are there many about? im looking to buy my first corrado and i would like one with this spec.

only the storms had leather as standard so you'll be looking at buying one of the most expensive examples going! you can get corrados with leather that were either dealer options or retro fitted by their owners. it all depends what your budget is really.

Yup Leather was an option on all of them, plenty about.

Leather Recaro is rare but crop up now and then.

Aren't all leather interiors in Corrados automatically Recaros? How can you tell the difference?

Um nah.

Leather option seats are exactly the same as standard seats but with leather covers (both early and late style), these are the seats Storms came with.

Then there was the Recaro sports seat option (extended bolsters and tilt handles on both sides, recaro logo on the seat back) which came with cloth or leather covering.

To confuse matters almost ALL VW seats were actually made by Recaro..... Only those badged Recaro and with the extended bolsters etc are the Recaro sports seat option.

Aren't all leather interiors in Corrados automatically Recaros? How can you tell the difference?

Um nah.

Leather option seats are exactly the same as standard seats but with leather covers (both early and late style), these are the seats Storms came with.

Then there was the Recaro sports seat option (extended bolsters and tilt handles on both sides, recaro logo on the seat back) which came with cloth or leather covering.

To confuse matters almost ALL VW seats were actually made by Recaro..... Only those badged Recaro and with the extended bolsters etc are the Recaro sports seat option.

So electric leather seats which seem to go for £800+ aren't actually Recaros then unless they ave it stiched in the back? I knew that all VW seats were made by Recaro hence the confusion!

yep electric heated leather is just standard corrado leather, as said above these are the standard cloth seats with leather instead of cloth (the bolsters have the same part numbers) and with an electric heat pad in that connects under the seat to the loom

they dont go for £800... if they did i'd sell mine!! but electrically position adjustable recaros go for £800 ish a set due to the 'scene points' factor and imo being a better looking seat :D o it doesnt seem to matter whether they're half leather or full, they seem to command the same price and non leather recaros seem to go for about £100 less for a ful interior, then these late and early which gives you different designs on the fabrics and deisigns as well as the position of the switches on the door cards... confused yet? cos i am :lol:

here's mine, its the leather recaros, heated and electric movement, the logo isn't stitched in, its stamped into the leather

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

JimsVR631.jpg

JimsVR632.jpg

i think my avatar shows the logo.

I have the invoice somewhere and it was a £2500ish optional extra, thats the whole interior

did they do grey leather door cards

Oh yeah, and mighty cool looking they are too 8) they are hard to find seperate from a complete interior though, and for some reason a lot of people turn their nose up at grey leather :shrug: personally i think its nicer looking and a lot less common than black or cream, this set took me longer to clean it up than it did to fit it :lol:

20080627_0866-1.jpg

20080627_0863-1.jpg

and the fact that the recaro sports seats dont hug the body as well has the std corrado seats :cuckoo:

and the fact that the recaro sports seats dont hug the body as well has the std corrado seats :cuckoo:

Miles comfier though, I hated my old seats.

they are comfier, thats the point. its not a merc avantgarde its a rado should be sportier, should they not

I have the heated Recaro black leather interior on my car and if Im honest Im not too fussed with leather. I was thinking about selling and just swapping for some standard black cloth.

How much are the standard black interiors going for nowadays?

One of my C's previous owners has put a leather interior into the G60, not heated and without the Recaro logo's.

Had it professionally valated when I first bought it, as the previous owner must have been a bit of a clumsy git, with the amount of stuff spilt everywhere.

Anyway, the guy asked me if I knew that the interior was a bit of a mish, mash?! The drivers seat was a different leather to the rest of the interior. He could have been BS'ing me, but the drivers seat on closer inspection doesn't fit into the runners as well as the passenger side.

Sorry if I'm adding even more confusion to the problems of buying a leather interior. :scratch:

not a lot mate to be fair, you could get a decent price for your Recaros and get cloth into the bargain, cant understand anyone not wanting leccy leather Recaros though :cuckoo: :lol:

they are comfier, thats the point. its not a merc avantgarde its a rado should be sportier, should they not

Sporty it should be but now 10min in the standard seats and my back is shot to bits, they are no way in comparison to a merc though and are still sporty been Recaro.

I found mine strange at 1st thinking they would hug more but once i got used to them they are comfier and actually better for spirited driving and no way would i go back to standard.

As has been said i cant understand anybody not wanting Recaro's :cuckoo: