Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Vacuum lines and breather pipes.

What's this hose for (red arrow in picture) Where does it go to? It's just above the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator.

P6060092edited2.JPG[/attachment:3ema2nej]

I'm currently trying to locate air leaks to find the cause of my hunting idle when the engine is just started from cold. I've looked at the ISV and it seems to move freely (although could do with a clean). I have found a badly split hose at the one-way valve at the oil breather. I gather this is available from Ford whereas with VW you have to buy the whole ducting. I'm hoping that I've found the problem.

However, I'm confused. The breather valve on mine is like a disc in the line, whereas check this PDF from "Dennis" from the Corrado Club of Canada:

http://www.corrado-club.ca/tech/VR6faq.pdf

His breather hose looks like just a hose and without the valve part (where the number 7 is on the third photo down). What's going on here?

ETKA (or whatever the dealer equivalent is these days) seems to show a pipe like Dennis' (although not available separately) whereas for the Golf VR6 of the same vintage it shows the disc-shaped thing set into the pipe (again, not available separately).

How come his doesn't seem to have this valve?