Sign in to follow this  
f15h

Wheel offsets, plus a nice piccy

Good afternoon,

I recently bought a Storm which has got newly refurbed solitudes on it. As they have just been done I want to keep them in good nick and buy some aftermarket alloys.

I know that the PCD for the VR's is 5X100 and that the usual offset is about 40, my question is will alloys with an offset of 50 fit and if so what is the difference - will the wheels stick out more?

And here is as mentioned in the subject title a picture of the car in question.

200806170009vc9.jpg

200806170009vc9.cdda8a738d.jpg

(Yes i know the 4X4 look aint good, coilovers are also on the shopping/wish list!!)

Many thanks

If the wheels are the same width then a 50mm offset will sit 10mm further in the arch than a 40mm offset.

it's the opposite way with the offset, the higher the number the further in they will be so et 50 wont fit unless you use spacers.

by the way you have a duplicate post, if you click on the little X in the top right corner you should be able to delete it.

Arse!! To both counts.

I dont want them sitting too far in from the arch. Time to look at some other wheels or making up some more spacers then.

Lol sorry bout the double post the internet is a bit slow at work and it orginally said it had timed out so I reposted the thread, obviously it did do it first time.

Cheers

Spacers are pretty easy to come by, and not too expensive, so it's not too big a problem! Having the wheel sitting too far out in the arch as standard is much more difficult to solve! :wink:

Arse!! To both counts.

I dont want them sitting too far in from the arch. Time to look at some other wheels or making up some more spacers then.

Lol sorry bout the double post the internet is a bit slow at work and it orginally said it had timed out so I reposted the thread, obviously it did do it first time.

Cheers

Just get some 20 mm spacers? How wide are the wheels? are they subaru wheels by any chance?

They are indeed scooby wheels, I believe that they are 7j width???

I'm hoping that they will fit, have people had issues with fitting scooby wheels in the past?

They are indeed scooby wheels, I believe that they are 7j width???

I'm hoping that they will fit, have people had issues with fitting scooby wheels in the past?

Yeah theres a thread somewhere. Sometimes you need to get the bolt holes drilled out if they are original subaru wheels as they used a slimmer bolt. Also the centre bore size is different so you will have to source some hubcentric spacers with the correct bores on each end!

A few people have done it.