Sign in to follow this  
G60BOV

My Gear Linkage has snapped

Hi Folks,

apologies if this has been posted before, i tried to find it but no luck.

How do i remove the old linkage? i've been at it for an hour or so and i have had no luck. I cannot get the big pin thing past the lip DSC00101.JPG[/attachment:2rwmnodp] Does anyone have any idea's how i get the ruddy thing off?

On a side note the rubber pipe that connects the black thing on the top of the rocker cover to the boost return pipe is split (you can see from the attached picture that i have temp bandaged it), can i get a new one of these from VW (hopefully just the pipe)? If so does anyone know part numbers or price or anywhere i can get it cheaper than from VW? 2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00100.JPG[/attachment:2rwmnodp]

thanks in advance folks.

Steven.

On a side note the rubber pipe that connects the black thing on the top of the rocker cover to the boost return pipe is split (you can see from the attached picture that i have temp bandaged it), can i get a new one of these from VW (hopefully just the pipe)? If so does anyone know part numbers or price or anywhere i can get it cheaper than from VW? 2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00100.JPG[/attachment:3sc31swy]

thanks in advance folks.

Steven.

Alright mate,

black thing on top of rocker cover is your pressure regulating valve (it's part of the whole crankcase ventilation system). That pipe you're looking for is:

037103493K - up to and including chassis number F 50-K-030 000

037103493L - including and after chassis number F 50-L-000 001

Looks like a pretty cheap part (under £10) but it's just a rubber hose, so you could use whatever pipe you like as long as it's the same shape.

Can't help on the gear linkage though, sorry :shrug:

isnt the whole gear shifter unit bolted in from underneath?, maybe if you push the pin back in it would be easier to remove the whole lot. :?

yeah the gear linkage is normally removed from underneath, which usually means removing the exhaust and heatshielding to get at it, or the other option is to cut a small chunk out of that lip or bend it down flat, and pull the pin out.