Sign in to follow this  
WHEELER1

CORRADO SPOILER

Can any one help? the spoiler on my car is stuck down. I have bought a new mechanism which works when plugged into the plugs in the boot lid, but because the spoiler is down i cannot get the old mechanism off the car. do i have to force the spolier up or is there an easy way round the problem?

hello mate,

Take the black plastic cover the runs the width of the boot to see the mechanism etc. Theres a handle to manually raise/lower the spoiler. I think you have to pull the handle towards you, then you can turn to raise/lower.

Are you sure its the mechanism?

Gaz

thanks i will try that tmrw. didnt know what the problem was so i got the whole thing out of another car. It works so it must be something like the old motor i guess?

i removed the plastic piece on the spline. Is that the right one? still cant turn it though? ciouldnt find it in the manual either!

Its right there mate. The handle should be square ish with rounded edges, pull the handle, turn to raise or lower and push it back in to lock it again.

got it cheers. was looking at the right part just took some serious brute force with the molegrips.!!

Good stuff, glad you got that part sorted. :D

That sounds like the same as what happened to mine, one of the cable tubes got jammed with gunk but stopped it going down!

You can free them off if you carefully strip it all down and re lube the cable tubes, i got another mech too from a mate so i just used that, fixed the old one so at least i have a spare set up if anything else goes wrong with it!

easy test for the motor is to put a piece of wire on each terminal of it and touch the other ends on the + & - battery terminals