Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Fitted seat 305's & 4 pots now need wheels

So now I can do an endo upon pressing the stop pedal. :D Have a 23mm mater cylinder too :D Got of a USA Audi. Perfect fit, bolt off bolt on.

I want new wheels. The car came with 16" Borbet C's...Which I do like and would really like to stay on a 16 wheel but it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to.

The Borbet's bolt on and thats about it :lol: No turn e turn, Caliper against the spokes.

I did want a set of Brock B1's will they fit.. I have never really got to grips with offset n stuff.. Can build an engine but wheels :cuckoo:

Keskin are another option or maybe Brock B2's... Oz futura would be nice too.. I don't mind going up to 17 the old C ran Oz Titan's but it was a tough ride.

Any help is good as I am :shrug:

Most 16's should be ok with the Brembos. I have 16' RX's with mine.

You will most prob need spacers with whatever wheel you use though, (16's or 17's).

Does the inner diameter of the Borbets clear the caliper? And is it just the outer face of the caliper that's making contact with the inside edge of the Borbets?

Most 16's should be ok with the Brembos. I have 16' RX's with mine.

You will most prob need spacers with whatever wheel you use though, (16's or 17's).

Does the inner diameter of the Borbets clear the caliper? And is it just the outer face of the caliper that's making contact with the inside edge of the Borbets?

Afternoon Dec.

The spokes on the borbets are up against the caliper.. There is about 2mm clearence between the inner face of the wheel and the caliper body.. So saying that a 5mm spacer should allow free wheeling as it were..

However not to sure about the 2mm of space between wheel n caliper body :shock:

There are some stick on balance weights that will have to go. So I guess those can be stuck on further out to the rear rim edge.

I have spoken a length to Yalan (Alister, great bloke :notworthy: ) about the upgrade much good info from the chats and an Audi upgrade that I looked at a site he pointed me to.

http://www.slybadger.com/cars/s2/brakedetail-new.htm

This site is very interesting and detailed. Speaking of spinning the discsa on a lathe n the caliper mounts to bring the caliper inwards by a few mm.

Any ideas?

As a note: The seat bracket mounts that I have used are massive compared to others I have seen so don't know if I can huse other brackets n maybe spin the disc alone down?

Cheers for the reply

On my old no name 17" 5 spokes i needed an 8mm spacer on the front which gave approx 2mm clearance which is fine, if it clears and spins its clear and spins so all good there.

If your wanting to change wheel then look at Motorsport wheels, BBS, Compomotive etc as they are designed for bigger brakes.

I still have 17" wheels with standard 35mm offset (early cars) and i have Compomotive wheels and there is ample room there now which looks poop, it looked cool before.

Otherwise as said just use some spacers.

When I fitted mine the balance weights on the inside of the wheel were fouling the caliper too! I moved them slightly inboard, and it gives 2-3mm clearance between the caliper and the wheel, and works perfectly.

I also used some 20mm H&R hub extenstions/ bolt on spacers, and that gives 3-4mm clearance between the outside face of the caliper and the inside of the spokes (but my wheels had a large ET42 offset). Again, never caused any problems, and I've seen cars with closer tolerances than that!

Quite like the look of big brakes squeezed into the wheel too! 8)

Wow 2 very nice cars there guys... :notworthy:

Dec yr Brembo's look as mine do.. I agre I love braks squeezed in to the wheel. i'll grab a couple of shots tomorrow.

by the loks of it a 3-5mm spacer shoulddo the trick.. More of a shim really.

Cheers to both of ya for the time taken

Rob

Ta muchly.

Crazy Daves are close but mine are closer..

Just paranoid about it.. Thermal expansion n all sorts on the web.. A little web knowledge is dangerous n all that..

Just dont fancy breaking hard n the caliper say expanding with heat n bedding its self in to the wheel wall :gag:

Game on get some spacers orderd n I'm of for an MOT.. 18 months since the car was on the Rd..

:clap:

Its not going to expand in an instant and lock the wheel jammed with the caliper, it will just start to rub i would have thought.

It wont expand by that much anyways! If it expanded by 1mm etc the paint would be cracked, as there is no way it could sustain stretching like that! :wink:

Only worry would be if you hit the alloy hard enough off something to buckle it!...But if you hit a wheel that hard you would have a lot of other things to worry about anyways! :shock: :wink: