Sign in to follow this  
J a m e s

How does the G60 boost

pretty much yeah cause the charger increases boost the faster it spins. it spins faster the more the engine revs. fit a smaller pulleye, it always spins faster accross the rev range, hence higher boost.

hth

What is the best size pulley for max boost, saying that I had better sort out my charger first but while I'm at it I might as well get a smaller pulley on there and kill two birds with one stone, or a very fast G60 if I hit them, sorry bird people, lol.

mine goes 10 then builds to 17. i get between 7 and 10 whenever i dump throttle instantly.

im running 65mm. its better on boost build. i found on the std one that it built but didn't take off till 4500rpm or so. then till 6.

now i never rev over 5500 and it comes in around 2000 properly.

my 65mm i got from bilal.

what you tend to see is that the US is in front of us. so when we regard a 68 as safe the yanks were on 65 and some 62s. some now run the suicide 58 pulley.

SNS have been doing this for a while. Sam run a 62mm on a 135k engine and charger unrebuilt for a while. he then put NOS on it and ran i think around 240hp and 320lbsFT at the wheels. strong old beasties the G60 engine. What id do is this.

Get a good port job done on the charger to lower its internal pressures and flow better.

get a new timing belt(wide) and a new belt and fit the pulley of choice.

peeps say ooooh dont fit a 65mm itll blow. what i say is this

understand the risks

fit what you want.

look after it

a charger with a 68mm will blow too. its like the passive smoking to smoking debate. whos gonna die first. id rather die sooner and get full benifit than die a little later and not benifit as much

if you get my drift, i hope i think i know its not gonna die or i would have took a 68mm. i would like to know the difference between the 2. i may get a 68mm and give it a try.

time for a brew

i was always gonna go with 30# injectors when i upgraded.

whether i needed um or not due to age on normal injectors and not wanting to run lean at any point. for what they cost its neither here nor there. people spend twice what i did on injectors for a induction kit on many jap chunks so...

i tend to dismiss chip type now as id expect everyone to go sns even if its for nothing more than the no-lag.

id get everything from bilal. theres a lot to be said for a single supplier(it industry experience talking) and he has everything.

Id get

65mm

belt

red tops

sns chip

3.5fpr

from bilal job sorted.

get any other issues sorted first though.

get any other issues sorted first though.

Like a rebuild? :shock:

And that smoking thing verses passive? Like a lad I was in Kuwait with. 200 tabs was £4. He says if I can smoke like 2-300 a day, think of the money I am saving.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Paul, don't do any small pulleys before someone has a look at your charger. Thats a certain way of needing another, not a rebuild. Have alook at the little timing belt. If it doesn't cover 90% of the width of the cogs, it's prolly the original and could spoil your Christmas.

See Pitstop/Gwerks and get it looked at!!

Gavin

Yeah I was just about to say go see pitstop for a charger re-build and porting they do a top job. http://www.pitstopdevelopment.co.uk

I got my G40 charger done there and they have done a top job, I got there full blend which is the top end flowing. I have also stuck on a set of their toothed pulleys (65mm) which help belt slippage which beleive it or not there is alot of on the G40's standard set up. so I now get very high boost from 2000 revs up, it sounds mad as well thats the only problem with toothed belts unless you like the noise!!

Pitstop are making the toothed blts for the G60 now so should be out soon, also they are makeing the sns chip for the G40 which I can't wait for.

Gavin, I am having Darren take a good look at it and fix it, I am in good hands and I will be back soon, I'm looking for a very fast G60 in time, thanks to Darren so watch out everyone, lol.