Sign in to follow this  
WHEELER1

2.0 16v tuning

ive just bought a 92 2.0 16v and am already wiching i had just saved a bit longer for a vr. Its got a scorpion exhaust from the cat back but apart from that it seems standard. are there any cheap ways of getting any more power from them. Also i have seen 50mm inlet manifolds advertised has my car got this already or is it the 42mm?

do a search buddy :brickwall:

you can do the KR cam mod if you're handy with spanners, and your car will come with the 42mm inlet unless someone else has put a 50 on.

is there really much to be gained by the larger inlet manifold? what sort of power gains do you expect from the kr cams?

the 50 will net you 1-2ish hp at the top, but due to the wider inlet tracts (which mean the intake air velocity is reduced) you will lose a bigger chunk of torque from the midrange.

the cam has a fair bit more lift than the standard one, I think people are quoting around 15hp from the cam alone, but worth checking out for yourself.

p.s. the search is your best friend.

Look at the top right of the window, little search box like you would find on search engines such as Google, although this one just searches the Corrado forum.

Very very useful :salute:

The clubgti forum has some good info about tuning 16valves. A flowed head, kr or abf cams, 4 branch manifold, exhaust and a tune with WUR mod seem to be the most recommended for starters.