Sign in to follow this  
kris99

Standard Clutch or Uprated Clutch?

Hello,

Looking for a bit of advice here. The time has come for me to the get some work done to my VR6. Basically I'm getting a top end rebuild, chains plus tensioners replaced and a new clutch.

Now I was thinking do most people replace the clutch with the factory number or do folk go for an uprated clutch? If the latter what model and is it a case of just fitting it like any other normal clutch?

Hope you can be of some help,

Kris

I use a VR clutch in my g60 and it feels much more solid than the g60 one. Done 20k miles of hard daily driving on it and it still feels strong. I haven't heard anyone complain about VR clutches on here and unless you are going extreme turbo or super charger power I wouldn't think you would need an uprated clutch. Even then I would rather go for a standard clutch as if you are putting big power through with the possibility of something breaking, then best its the clutch that breaks as it is pretty cheap / easy to replace.