Sign in to follow this  
GTi.Si

Running weak?

Had my MOT on my VR on saturday. When the guy checked the emmissions the co2 level was very very low. He said its running weak, which I don't doubt as it won't tick over at all when cold or somtimes when hot, especially when its just been started. Only thing i'm worried about is if its weak through the whole rev range because it gets hot very very fast if I give it any stick when its up to temp.

I've managed to get hold of a cheap "RACE X"air/fuel ratio guage from a friend to check it, but it has no instructions. It has 3 wires, red - power?, black - earth and grey - to lambda?? which lambda wire??

Is this a good option to try and check the car or should I try somthing else?

No, but then again I didn't think of fuel pressure issues. I could go back and get him to check it, my dad knows him quite well so might be worth a try. But it was fine before I supercharged it!

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.... did you uprate the injectors and fuel pump when you supercharged it or did you just slap it on and think it would all be puppy dogs and fluffy clouds?

hi Si,

dont forget mate i did say that if you had any running issues with the charger to go to stealth for a re-map. just because you had my stealth re-mapped ecu with the charger, does not mean it will work 100% on your car, as all cars are different. it will cost you around £400 for the re-map.

When I supercharged it I bourght a whole comprehensive kit from Karl. I changed the injectors and fitted a sleath map that was done for Karl's car. I don't mind getting it re-maped if its weak, but if its only tickover thats a problem I can live with it until I want maore power. Hense me wanting to check it through the rev range.