Sign in to follow this  
dukest

268 cams installed and higher fuel consumption?

^^^ and frankly what better way to spend a weekend than a good ferreting!! :lol:

Good good. Sounds like it's OK then. Stealth get a LOT of botched timing jobs in their workshops, hence why he probably suggested it, but wouldn't know for sure without checking it. One guy was adamant his timing was 100% and almost took offense to Vince suggesting it wasn't. An hour later, it was evident the intermediate shaft was 90 deg out.

Anyway, keep an eye on it, mpg might improve as the ECU adapts. I can't remember what the mpg did when I had Schrick 268s unfortunately. It did seem to chew through more fuel though.

thanks Kev, i certainly do trust that it was done properly :salute: (although can easily imagine stealth seeing quite a few that arent) hence just wondering about what else might cause a noticeable variation..

and going back a few posts, yes I am watching it closely because the price of driving is a nightmare, but i dont expect more power for free! :grin: