Sign in to follow this  
tomvass83

New dizzy but still juddering when hot

Hi all,

Is there any clever individuals who might be able to help me with my 1.8 16v '90 c. It all started when the engine over heated as the fan didn't come on as the fuse had blown. Anyway, stopped and let the engine cool down and checked the water level and it was fine. I then started driving it and everything was ok until it got up to running temperature. It then started juddering, lost all power and would only idle or rev in neutral. once i tried to put down the accelerator when driving it would stutter and stop moving.

I got the aa guy out and he said it was the dizzy as oil was in the cap, changed that myself using some markings i made. started it up and was working like a dream and drove. i then thought i would leave her to get hot and runner out again. Then exactly the same problem started again. The car just wouldn't go. The engine would turn over but not move under load. There was no rubbish in the dizzy cap this time.

Any ideas much appreciated as am stumped

Cheers