Sign in to follow this  
oxfordpaul

What's it worth?

Hi guys,

Going to see a 2.0 16v Corrado tomorrow that my local VAG dealer have taken in px against an Eos. The lady has had it from new and it's done a genuine 74k with all service history and MOT's to prove.

It's an early 2.0 on a 92J in Moonlight blue. He says it has a bit of rust on the drivers door at the bottom and a few light scrapes on the bumpers etc but otherwise everything works inc the sunroof and it runs perfectly.

I'm thinking about £2k, what does anyone else think?

2k - giving the dealer at least 1k mark up as they will have "stolen" it from here

Be cheeky with them - they won't retail it - it will go straight to a trader, if you like it offer to buy it at £50 more than the best trader offer - I guarantee that figure will be a lot less than 2k

Start at £500 to take it off his hands as you're doing him a favour. Increase the offer a bit if you think the car is worth it but as bristolbaron rightly says, no more than £800-£1000.

Its a dealer so show no remorse - try and get it as cheap as you can!

Paid £1.2 for a 3 owner 92k 2.016v and that was when pices were better... I'd go on a grand tops...

Try rining another dealer, saying you'd like an Eos and have a Rado to trade in see what they offer! ;) may give you a base line... They will have priced off Glasess plus a bit so probably not much more than that!

Corrados have long since disappeared off Glass and CAP, to be honest I'm surprised a main dealer, Volkswagen or not, has taken it in p/x - they will have paid a token amount as a favour to the customer

Yep offer them £500, you are in a great position as it would probably go to auction if you dont take it cause the dealer some hassle and probably not fetch any more than that.

Of course in a private sale it may be worth well over a grand, but the dealer wouldn't be able to get close to that through their channels, its not worth their time.

I agree with the majority here....start at £500 or let the dealer take the lead by asking what sort of money he's looking for.

Half the VAG dealers don't even know what a Corrado is anymore :shock: and hopefully your dealer is just as ignorant.

Well i just bought a tidy 93 valver for £800 with 150k so i dont think you should be payin any more than that maximum from a trade in!