Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Added The Receipts Up!

Just having a clear out of the Corrado's book, not of receipts but of any crap that comes with them and thought I'd tot up all the invoices to see what I come up with!

Bear in mind this DOES NOT include insurance or tax or buying the car itself, just repairs and upgrades etc.

Owned since Jan 2006 - No accidents so all standard stuff, but does include a £530 bodyshop bill and wheel refurbs.

Total: £7428.76 + ins & tax

Car was bought for £2600 (inc in total above).

That £248 per month! What can I get for £248 p/m on finance under a year old?

I'm not sure if I'm happy or not!

:|

Not as much car as you might think. If you leased you could get something like a Golf MK5 with a boring 1.6 litre engine or similar. If you went personal finance you'd have about £8,500 if you paid back £194/month over 4 years. Realistically there isn't anything even remotely exciting that is a year old for that sort of money IMHO.

I've often mulled this over but ultimately repairing an old performance car like the Corrado (where you will eventually get on top of the worst of the problems) is better economy than pumping money into finance if you want something even half exciting to drive.

If you wanted a Golf GTI on your drive you're looking at £350/month roughly.

I'd like to think I'm over the worst bills! I've replaced susp/bushes/ecu and numerous other mech items.

Well, until the engine rebuild of course! :luvlove: