Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Samco 9a hoses

Right, I know that they don't do a 9a specific kit, but the mk2 Goof 16 KR kit fits all but two (heater) hoses...

Does the kit also include the twiddly little Oil cooler hoses or will I have to have another fight with my local VAG Parts Primates?

So can anyone confirm the two (?) hoses that don't get used? Is it the two heater feed hoses (runs to right of block to bulkhead)

Yeah, those two hoses to the heater matrix cant be used from the samco kits.

Handily enough though, the longer of the two superfluous hoses is a perfect replacement for the hose to the bottom of the expansion tank.

you're left with a length of straight hose and a horse-shoe shaped hose, I'm not sure what they are intended to replace on the mk2 golf but I think one is for the header tank to metal water pipe, neither can be for the heater matrix inlet as that requires a larger bore for the head outlet flange than the spare hoses provide.

the pic I posted ages ago in this thread shows the VAG and samcos side by side, to replace all the water hoses you'll need to buy a reducing elbow and various bends and lengths of separate hoses to make up the two matrix hoses, the header tank to pipe hose and the expansion hose from rad to tank.

Dave on the original pic in your linky, the little horeshoe pipes are the oil cooler ones yes? And sorry for being thick but the only "missing" hoses will be to-from matrix, the expansion feed and overflow (small bore one runs top of rad to top of bottle)?? Remembering this is a 9a engine NOT a KR...

it would be good to get some 9A hose pics to compare, it seems the late KR engines share the same part numbers but earlier one have some different items, not sure how/why they differ though:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfhoses.gif[/attachment:4hrgi5f4]

samcos2.jpg[/attachment:4hrgi5f4]