Sign in to follow this  
revox

no dip or full beam?

Got a problem - was driving down south at the weekend, got to my destination turned the car round and all of a sudden my full beams just died. Both sides. dip was fine. Had a look around, fuses, etc couldnt see anything. Then tonight, I checked the bulbs, didnt see anything. Now I've lost my dip lights too....?! Resistor on passenger side is unplugged and the lights have been upgraded....any suggestions? Shorted relay perhaps? :scratch:

cheers chaps

h

Have you got an upreated wiring loom? I have a similar problem but narrowed it down to moisture getting in the the fuses in the loom, I have my sides and full beam but no dipped.

as far as I know its upgraded - pretty sure the guy who I bought it off said it was. It was pissing down when the problem started...it rains a lot up here :(

No flash either, chubbybrown. Just sides all the time... :( where would I get waterproof holders?

update - was driving tonight and lights seem to work ok sometimes (dipped that is). If I switch them off, then back on then nothing happens...?! I can turn the car off, leave it for a while come back, turn on and dipped seems to turn on.... :scratch:

got the problem sorted... :clap:

water getting into relay switch holder and a burst fuse on the new headlamp loom...corrosion causing the intermittent problems. new fuse, cleaned off corrosion...all good now

thanks for the help guys

h

Lucas or LS uk or whatever they call themselves this week,

they sell waterproof stuff,My polybag effort didnt work for long.

Shrink wrapped everything and modded fuse holders with waterproof ones.