Sign in to follow this  
be here now

rado dash in mk2

hi rolled my beloved corrado g60 am now putting the engine an dash in a mk2 golf ne body got ne tips for putting the dash

in and is the mk2 golf loom the same as the corrado 1for the dash thanks

I have been there and done that and it takes ages to get it right and even longer to run custom ducting for the air vents and stuff. Would not do it again. You will have to cut lots of dash front the windscreen and I used the point where the uncut sides meet the door seals as a permanent guide to alignment. Dont try to marry the dash to the center tunnel as the dash will sit about 3 inches higher so I mated the mk2 gear lever surround to the bottom of the dash and it looked spot on. You will also have to deal with the fact that the dash is wider and interfears with the door cards.

cheers how much does the dash interfear with the door cards is it bad or can u put up with it lol

is that a g60 conversion u got there in the pic or just the dash u swopped

It was a vr conversion before the structure Started needing welding work for each MOT and I gave up and bought the corrado.

The dash is too wide period. You will need to move the mirror moves back about 2 inches and sort out some way if modifying the door cards to allow for the width. I cut mine and made up recessed door cards but never really got it spot on.

nice shame u got rid of it got love the rados thou i will get another once if raged the golf about for a while iv got the corrado door cards still would thay fit bye ne chance