Sign in to follow this  
Thom

Respray gone a bit pants

Hi, I've just resprayed the passenger door on my C, all as per the book, with laquer, and it looks a slightly different shade to the rest of the car. I put this down just to aging paintwork, is it a good idea to t-cut it back a step to dull it and then re-laquering?

Hi, I used a Halfords (maybe that explains it) rattle can, it's Dragon Green Pearlescent.

When i got a touch up pen from halfords for a inca blue rado, i found the touch up pen was darker then the actual colour of the car. Though i wasnt sure if it was ageing paint work or a sh!t colour match by halfords

i've always found halfords cans are darker than the actual colour they are meant to be, i always go to the dealers now the paint seems much better match, i have a good pic to illustrate this somewhere

i've always found halfords cans are darker than the actual colour they are meant to be, i always go to the dealers now the paint seems much better match, i have a good pic to illustrate this somewhere

Yeah im the same, if i need the same colour as VW colour ie the colour of my car id always go to the dealer. Otherwise halfords would be ok.

i recentely went to peugeot after scraping a wall in the 306, got a small can of paint and laquer and it came out spot on, hard to tell its been sprayed, only the lazy prep lets its down, little pin holes etc

If you only paint a single isolated panel the paint will differ regardless if its a ratle can or done with an airgun, even with a mixed up colour swatch paint, its hard to match metalics (and base colours come to that) without blending them from and onto other panels next to them, its why you should have the wing tops done if you ever have a bonnet painted or it leaves an obvious colour miss match

T cut will not dull the paint down as you will only be cutting the laquer, not actual paint finish, leave it a little while to settle, laquer does "yellow" over a period of time and will change shade slightly when it is exposed to UV light