Sign in to follow this  
latestarter2

Never ceases to amaze me.

Why why why do people spend thousands on a basic spec model of a car when they can get a 3 or 4 year old one, spend a hell of a lot less money and get a higher spec version. :shrug:

Used to amaze me on new reg days when all of these 1.1L versions of cars used to sudeenly appear on the streets and their owners thought they were the dogs bollx. Seems pointles to me.

Save yourself a few quid buy an older car and get the better spec model. Simple.

Some people don't care about posh spec, or having anything fancy - they just want a reliable tool to go from A to B, and when you buy new you get a warranty so it's one less thing to worry about.

My missus got a poverty spec Ka brand new from Ford (shifting old stock I guess for the new Ka) for £4995 last year - can't really complain at that price for a brand new and warrantied for 3 years motor. As I say, it is absolute crappest spec (manual windows, tape player, no central locking, no REV counter, etc etc) but its peace of mind for her for 3 years to get to work and back. And we always take it on holiday as we know it'll GET there ;)

Some people want cheap reliable motoring, like the new clio, the 1.2 base model is just £99 a month, cheaper that running a rado! lol

tool

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, people do seem to think that new = best. Quite a lot of people won't even get in my H reg C as they think it'll break or something. Ah, naivety.

Brand new car has a ~3 year warranty. That means its been designed so that nothing will go wrong with it for at least 3 years, and if it does it will get fixed for free with free courtesy car.

Plus buying a new car can be cheaper than used.

My sister bought a brand new 1.2 16v Corsa Breeze (aircon, alloys) for £7500 cash last month from a random dealer in Manchester. List price was £10,000 and the cheapest we had it before then was £9000 after ringhing round 7 dealerships.

Year old ones were in the auto trader for £7500 at that time. So she has a free car for a year?!!

Plus some people love to have shiny new things.

I suggested to sis she buys a cheap Boxster for her money. She said "Ug its ancient and will be tatty" she would much rather have her shiny new corsa.

I know what I would buy with that cash (968 :))

Plus some people love to have shiny new things.

I suggested to sis she buys a cheap Boxster for her money. She said "Ug its ancient and will be tatty" she would much rather have her shiny new corsa.

I know what I would buy with that cash (968 :))

WHAT!? she's mad mate :lol:

WHAT!? she's mad mate :lol:

Yep, "normal" people don't think like us car enthusiasts :lol:

I would rather drive round in a dog of a bottom budget porsche and have to fix it every week than a brand new corsa that never goes wrong :lol:

Some people are just plate snobs too.

I knew someone who bought a brand new 51 plate 106 just cause she wanted the 51 plate, it lost around £4k in the first year which i told her would happen but she didnt listen. I wouldnt mind but 12 months later the car was tatty as fook, car park dings everywhere etc.....

Madness.... :roll:

Yeah give me an older porsche anyday over a newer vectra/mondeo....

I'd rather walk than drive a corsa, my wife has a 2000 model and it's horrible and plasticky.

The new (06 on?) corsa is actually pretty good. Much better drive and better equipped than the 3cyl fabia or grande punto. The car enthusiast's pick of non car enthusiast orientated cars if you like, and every review says how surprisingly well it drives.

Its no Porsche though :lol:

I'd rather walk than drive a corsa, my wife has a 2000 model and it's horrible and plasticky.

The new (06 on?) corsa is actually pretty good. Much better drive and better equipped than the 3cyl fabia or grande punto. The car enthusiast's pick of non car enthusiast orientated cars if you like, and every review says how surprisingly well it drives.

Its no Porsche though :lol:

yeah heard a few times that the new corsa isnt bad and although it may perform well and it is better looking then previous models.... its still a corsa.