Sign in to follow this  
don_stavrou

Why Use The 1.8T 20v Inlet on The 2.0 16v Lump?

Haven't heard of that mod tbh!

The 1.8T is a short runner manifold designed for forced induction. It wouldn't suit the 2.0L in na form at all, and would result in a performance drop. The long runners of the standard inlet mani are designed to cause a ram effect and generate a small amount of back pressure.

ahhh! Yup, it would suit a 16vt :wink:

I think it may need to be modified to fit the 9a....but don't quote me on that :razz:

(referring to your other thread) It would be easiest to use the standard 1.8t fuel rail and fpr with that mani too.

Not easy at all! :eek:

It would be far easier to do a complete 1.8T 20v engine conversion!

Or else use the likes of a Megasquirt ECU to control the EFI system and also control the standard 9a ignition system.

Yup, easy to do in that case.

Just remove the entire orig airbox + metering head + fuel system. The 1.8T fuel rail + fpr, can then be hooked up to the fuel + return lines from the standard 9a fuel pump.

You'll need some high pressure fuel hose and fittings to extend the hoses up to the fuel rail, but they are easily available through the likes of demontweeks etc.

you would need to cut the head flange off the 1.8t mani and weld on a 16v flange for it to fit. You can then use the 1.8T fuel rail and if using megasquirt, use whatever injectors you like

some inlets are on the left, some on the right. I can get flipped long runner 16v inlets for £75 exchange. Im using 1 on my 16v g60