Sign in to follow this  
asw75r

VR Track width ???

I have a VR corrado that I am looking to get some wheels for (9x16 all round) and after a couple of months reading different threads I am confused :confused4:

The dimensions on this very forum says all models of the Corrado have 56.5in (1.435mm) front track

There are alot of people on this and other forums that say the VR is wider ??

Now, I have done a mk2VR conversion a few years ago and understand that the mk3 is 25mm wider each side and is called wide track and I had to use different parts to keep 4 stud hubs and the standard mk2 width track

Is the info on this forum correct and people are just confusing a Corrado VR with a mk3 VR or is the above dimensions wrong for the VR (I hope that makes sense?)

I want my wheels to fill the arches but not stick out 2" :lol: The 9x16 et15`s have been on G60`s and valver`s unless someone has these on a VR I could see ?

(I have done searches but the info clashes)

:shrug:

Hi mate, I have 9x16 et 15 on my G60, and even now its lowered they fit perfectly, better in fact as the arch being closer makes them stick out less, if that makes sense?

I think the later car in VR6 form is slightly wider track although i dont have the exact measurements, although later cars have wider flare on the wheel arches too so that may compensate for that? the other consideration is the brake caliper size, VR6 calipers foul on et 15 wheels on the fronts, only remedy is to "shave" the face of the caliper a few mm :cuckoo: not something i would do personally, or run a 5mm spacer, which of course changes the et a smidgen again

a few people on here run 9x16 Borbet A`s in 5 stud on their VR`s if you use the search function by typing something like "+ VR6 TRACK" or something like that you should find something use full

I think the hubs stick out further on VRs (longer wishbones), and the wheels have a larger offset to accomodate, placing the tyres in the same place.

Cheers :D

11mm now there`s another to ad the mix :lol:

I have some 5mm spacers for these and some 15mm ones for the rear

I think the hubs stick out further on VRs (longer wishbones), and the wheels have a larger offset to accomodate, placing the tyres in the same place.

et 35 on g60/16v ?

et 43 on vr6 ?

Is that correct ?

Would that make the difference ?

The track is correct at 56.5in (1.435mm) and it is the size and offset of the original wheels that alter the vr`s track to match the other`s (without the wheels its wider)

So the vr`s track is wider but standard dimensions have a few differences to remain the same ?

So I need et30 with 5mm spacer for the front and et15 for the rear :D

It`s a 94 so it has the wider wings also

Thanks for the help you guys

8)

Look at philuk and bally member threads, same rear wheels but bally been an early "narrow track" and philuk been "wide track"