Sign in to follow this  
cheesey

vdo gauge relay wiring

ive got the 3 pin relay that go's with the gauges

pins 58D 58d 58

what way are the wired up please

ive got the voltage wired to the cigerette lighter an it shows the wrong voltage

so thats why im gonna use the relay ( befor anybody say's i dont need it ta )

i have never ever figured out what its there for its part of the side light circuit but if you live supply the circuit to the side light s they all work

so you dont need it i have fitted a few and never used it just remove it

hope this helps

I have fitted a few too and it deffo isn't needed, just wire the gauge lights into the power supply to the heater control lights and you will be able to dim the gauge lights along with the dash lights

only thing is, cig lighter being permanent live i have already flattened my battery once by leaving it plugged in and not using the car enough! lol be and use a swich or run them off something thats ignition live

i no this :p thing was the cig lighter was closest thing to goto and i presumed the cig lighter would be ignition live. being a non smoker i didnt realise is was permanent until too late!

i no this :p thing was the cig lighter was closest thing to goto and i presumed the cig lighter would be ignition live. being a non smoker i didnt realise is was permanent until too late!

its sods law what should be a easy job never bloody is, theres a spare ignition live in the fuse box i used it for my gauges :)