Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Bojmobile's Valver - Sold 2004

hi folks,

I am looking in the future at buying a scirocco, ive got a mk 4 golf at the mo, but its funded by my folks and im looking for something myself. Cant afford a carrado and love the scirocco, does anyone have any advice on what to look for.

Cheers

Chris

hi folks,

I am looking in the future at buying a scirocco, ive got a mk 4 golf at the mo, but its funded by my folks and im looking for something myself. Cant afford a carrado and love the scirocco, does anyone have any advice on what to look for.

Cheers

Chris

IIRC there's only a few ppl on here who have had the old skyrocket...............campaign on this forum i know has a mk2 storm and i'm sure he has had it for a fair old time........he would i imagine be your best bet for hints and tips.......also try the scirocco register as that IIRC is run by a guy near edinburgh :wink:

Just answered your question about Sciroccos mate, but realised after writing loads that I had hijacked someone elses thread. Ooops

Have sent you PM.

I really dunno man. My car mystifies me sometimes. Seems to be a total mish-mash of parts. Think it must have been right on the changeover. Anyone got any ideas about the bonnet?

I really dunno man. My car mystifies me sometimes. Seems to be a total mish-mash of parts. Think it must have been right on the changeover. Anyone got any ideas about the bonnet?

much as you dont want to hear this but i reckon its had to have the bonnet and probably the front-end replaced at some time and given that up til recently the huge costs of C body panels and the fact that the VR style aka the 92> bonnet was a fair bit heavier than the early one(so would more than likely be a fair bit dearer than the early bonnet) i reckon thats why your C has the early front-end....its probably been repaired using the cheaper bonnet and bumper.....afterall if it was fixed without going through insurance it would be a fair bit cheaper and easier sourcing the earlier parts.......ALL 2.0 16v's should have the 92 exterior facelift.......early 2.0 16v's that can be found with the early interior have the late Front-end treatment.........thats the only explanation that i reckon is likely.......even having had panels replaced though Glenn its still doesnt make it a bad C if it drives good and looks decent enough which yours by the sounds of it does then its only just minor cosmetic details.........i would reckon that there are more C's out there that have had paint than havent

why is thelater bonnet heavy exactly??? :?

Later bonnets have more re-enforcing strutts/braces on them as they have to have a weird pattern to clear the VR6 lump, where the early one just had 2 bars front to back... 8)

I had a MK2 Golf GTI G60 Edition One in Dark Burgundy Pearl (Aubergine) and that looked black at a glance too. Top colour. 8)

I really like the colour. It can look so different depending on lighting. Dont see any VWs that colour now. Couldnt get a touch-up kit for it. Only spray tins.

cheers mate - it's a powerflow as well. Will get the interior pics up soon - makes a world of difference. Need some new wheels now! :wink:

That's very, very nice!

Would be nice to know where all my previous cars are now... I know where 3 of them are, haven't got a clue about the other 3! Typed my G60 into the free RAC carcheck, and it came back with 9 owners! I was the 4th- sad to see it get passed around so much :(