Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Wheels catching

TT comps 205 40 17. 30 or 35 mill drop on gmax shocks catching lip of arch due to 5 mm spaces fitted, if i loose the spaces they will probably scrape on inside of arch but miss the lip, then the center caps wont fit. think my old whels had the same size tyres but not the spaces and still scraped but not on the edge of the arch. just had the car painted so i dont want to mark it trying to mod the arches. :help:

have you had the arches rolled?

i havent rolled them but5 the lip of the arch at the side looks like its been rolled but not sure if its been done all the way, would it fold all the lip is there anything that would indicate it has been?

Rear or front? Have you had the camber etc adjusted since fitting the suspension? Its doesnt take a lot of adjustment at the front make sure you are ok.

If it rear just take out the 5mm spacers and flatten the bearing dust cap with a hammer, it doesnt take much for the caps to fit.

Rear or front? Have you had the camber etc adjusted since fitting the suspension? Its doesnt take a lot of adjustment at the front make sure you are ok.

If it rear just take out the 5mm spacers and flatten the bearing dust cap with a hammer, it doesnt take much for the caps to fit.

Its the rears mate but even without the dust caps the centers foul

Strange because I had 8in ET30 wheels on with no rubbing problems on the rear and its lowered the same. Shouldnt be rubbing on the inside.

Strange because I had 8in ET30 wheels on with no rubbing problems on the rear and its lowered the same. Shouldnt be rubbing on the inside.

if i take the spaces out they shouldn't catch, i agree but i cant fit the center cap in for it catching on the hub bolt, even without the dust cap fitted. The wheels i had on before would miss the lip and they were the same size just bannged over the bigger bumps but more in to the top of the arch which i can live with.

rolling your arches flat maybe the only way, this mean there is no lip at all and is folded back inside to the outer skin