Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Help Knocking noise

as above i have a annoying knocking think its only a minor fault don't no if i dare risk a drive to and from E38 :shrug:

As the car rolls slowley from standing you get a tap that i can feel in the drivers footwell not heavy but feelable, as the car speeds up(still rolling not driving) the nock becomes a bit more freequent then taptaptaptaptap, once you have a bit more speed up it goes.

When driving setting off slowly you can feel the tap once then it goes its not instant its slightly delayed. the revers happens when stopping. I thought that it was all whiles driving as its hard too here but when your trying to hear/feel it imagination take over.

recently change the wishbones, drop liks, ball joints and had all the brakes done, also the camber aligned, i no its probably somethimg thats not tight, i've looked but only found the rear bolt in the wishbone slightly loose, i thought that might have been it but no joy.

if anyones any ideas throw them at me i really want to be on my way down to E38 with a boot full of ale and camping gear :camp:

i had something like that on my last Corrado, it turned out to be the gearbox mounting bolt was very very loose.

hope its something that simple :)

karl

could well be an outer CV joint on its way out, have you done the car park trick? find a big empty car park and drive the car in circles putting it to full lock on both directions, if it is a CV joint you should get the knock quite obiously

It can also be the inner CV joint which is sometimes only straight line related

i had something like that on my last Corrado, it turned out to be the gearbox mounting bolt was very very loose.

hope its something that simple :)

karl

I'll check that first thing then mate, all mountings are new so coul be loose

could well be an outer CV joint on its way out, have you done the car park trick? find a big empty car park and drive the car in circles putting it to full lock on both directions, if it is a CV joint you should get the knock quite obiously

It can also be the inner CV joint which is sometimes only straight line related

im off to a car park now to try and eliminate that from the enquires :salute:

driving round in circles didn't make it any worse,but i have change a drive shaft think it was the near side, should they have been done as a pair.

No need to change in pairs, was the noise there? CV noises are usually a donk donk which increases with speed but sometimes goes away as the bearings settle in the joint, it usually comes back after you accelerate away hard

I Just read one of your other threads about your wheels, are you sure its not a wheel catching on a caliper? take one of the front rims off and see if theres any marks on wheel or caliper