Sign in to follow this  
Mikey D

Golf Mk3 dash conversion

Hi,

Has anyone done a conversion of there corrado to the MK3 dash.

I am looking at buying a Mk3 Golf and fitting the 16v ABF engine to my raddo. But looking at the interior its quite smart with no cracks or scuffs so i was looking at trying to fit it.

But i need to know how much work is involved? Does it fit easily or is it a nightmare job. :help:

Thanks,

Mike.

check my build thread out dude, ull find all you need to know about why not to do a golf mk3 dash conversion into a rado,

if you want anymore help then let me know, ive got shed loads of pics of the dash and what was left behid after taking it out, imo keep the rado dash, its timeless 8)

The Corrado dash might not be great by modern standards but the mark 3 one is pretty dull, I think if I was going to all that trouble I'd do a mk4 or TT one, at least you get to look at some nicer materials at the end of all that effort.

Yeah I wouldn't bother with a MKIII dash, they're really not much of a set up from the Rado one, in fact they're probably a step down!

Nick

I like the corrado dash to mate. But its basically buggered and getting replacement bits is expensive and an arse. So i was just looking for an easy way out.

Thanks,

Mike.

Whas buggered the shell of it or the switches, and dash swapping will always be harder than replacing like for like even if bits are getting rare and expensive.

I nearly bought 2 dash shells for £50 in total a while ago from 2 different sellers so they are cheap enough.