Sign in to follow this  
ian...

No heating / Cold Air

evening all.

im looking for a bit of help please.

i changed the heater matrix today. (job done). all went back together fine. :)

so i turn the heating on, everything was fine for a couple of minutes. then it stopped. now no air comes out at all, hot/cold nothing. ive checked all fuse's and made sure all relay's are in nice and tight. also made sure the unit was all still assembled, i have only had the car a few weeks so still getting 2 know my way around the car. any help or suggestions would be most welcomed, cheers ian

has the fan stopped running? if so this happened when i did mine, was to do with the copper connection strip on the heater controls not making contact.

hi domo,

the fan has stopped working, it was all on for a couple of minutes tho?.

i cant think where this copper strip is :scratch:

hi domo,

the fan has stopped working, it was all on for a couple of minutes tho?.

i cant think where this copper strip is :scratch:

you'll have to literally pull the heater dial off to get to the copper strip... alternatively, depending on how old your C is, it may mean removing the slider controls and fascia to get to the connections.

the other consideration is whether the resistor pack on the blower itself has blown/burnt out. on mine i had to remove the passenger side lower section of the dash to see the blower - the resistor pack is mounted on the side of it and is notorious for failing - typically leaving you with only one or no blower setting. as you'd expect you can't buy the correct resistor pack anywhere anymore, so find a scrap yard and have one away (the blower is the same on the Mk1 Seat Toledo too).

morning all,

ive had a fiddle with the fan, basically if you give it a slight turn then the fan starts working on all settings, once you turn the fan off it wont start again, untill i start her moving again :confused4: