Sign in to follow this  
green_16v_corrado

Pre-facelift Leather Interior into 1995 car

Hi,

I recently bought a 1995 M REG 16V Corrado, and a few days ago I bought a second hand full leather interior from an older card (I think its pre 1993). Now I've managed to fit everything but, I noticed some parts seem to bit a bit different - Front door cards.

1. Door handles seem different

2. Electric window holes seem larger on the s/h leather door cards

3. Electric mirror fitment is different (this I checked, as it came with the cards)

4. Speaker cover

:?

Can you guys confirm that these bits of trim are different and what problems I'm likely to face, etc.

I suspect some parts maybe from a MK2 Golf, but I'm not sure.

EVERYTHING IS FITTED BY THE WAY - I'M JUST HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FRONT DOOR CARDS.

CHEERS.

im no expert, but im sure if the seats are the same style and shape as your old seats then they wont be from anything but a rado..as for earlier cars, the window switches are in a completely different place, later style is down by the speaker, early style are higher up on the doorcard itslef, but if you get some early style switches then you can just plug the wires into those and use them in the correct place ..but thats all i know, wasnt aware door handles were different and im no help on the mirror fitment or speaker cover, but im sure someone else will be able to help with that.

quite simply, an early interior will 90% fit into a later car but the front doorcards wont fit. sell the early leather doorcards and use that money to get your old front doorcards re-trimmed.

As he says^^^^

Early Door cards will have Mirror switch in top of card (as opposed to handle on later ones) and window switched on the card (as opposed to the door bins on later ones)..

You'll also find the connector are different as well as the door wiring is significantly different not to make it plug-and-play!

If It's an early grey leather I'll take it off your hands... :)

Its a black leather interior I've fitted, all of it aside the front door cards has been very easy. I've trail fitted the the front door cards. I'm going to keep an eye out for some corrados that are being broken, as I think thats my best bet. I just hope the connectors can be wired into the loom without any problem.

I have just done this complete conversion from old style to facelift,I had to rewire windows, mirrors, change door pulls etc, took me a while to get all the bits tho :lol: all info is in the knowledge base, if you can get the old switch plugs etc it makes life easier for the swop

If he hasn't I have, Just swapped early for late, I cut off the old switches and soldered the new ones on so can advise on wire colours if the knowledge base doesn't help. Some of my wires were different colours to the guide!

Colin

why bother will changing the switces/soldering etc etc, and just do what i said in the first place?? sell your early doorcards for about £100 on e-bay, get your late doorcards re-trimmed, if you haven't got the approx £200 to get them fully re-trimmed?? pay about £100 to just get the cloth parts done in leather. it will make the car look like it should also.

and vwdeviant if you want the grey leather?? i can dye them black for ya.

I have early door cards in a late car.

The previous owner did some "creative" wiring to get the early mirror and window switches working with the late loom.

You will need switches and their plugs from an early car and scour the bentley manual for pin numbers to match up.

Even now my left mirror moves when the switch is on right and vice versa. I keep forgetting to document the wiring, will od next time my door cards come off (not anytime soon!).

I'd do as recommended above - get late cards. The handles and mirror switches are nicer than early ones anyway.

I know what you mean, I will look into retriming the later door cards - I haven't seen any for sale anywhere

I was thinking about retriming the cloth sections myself but it would be difficult to hide frayed edges, etc.

Do you really think I could sell the front leather door cards for somewhere near £100 - I bought the full interior for £200 (although it was quite worn and I spent £50 repairing the bolsters)

I was just going to mount the electric window switches on the leather by use of strong cardboard with some spare leather I have, and just change the mirror switch, door handles and speaker covers - what a pain the arse it is!

my mirrors wont work with the knowledge base info, I would be interested in info on that :grin:

The in/out and up/down is still reversed which apparently can only be fixed by re-wiring the motors in the mirrors. :gag: You can live with that! The left/right mirror selection, illumination, etc works as advertised in mine wired as below.

Corrado mirror Sw. change (13) (Large).jpg[/attachment:k9rmmeml]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado mirror Sw. change (12) (Large).jpg[/attachment:k9rmmeml]

Bear in mind the door cards are a "wet" area so make sure all connections are waterproof, you don't want to have to do it twice.

Bear in mind the door cards are a "wet" area so make sure all connections are waterproof, you don't want to have to do it twice.

Yeah the choc-blocks were just to check connections worked ok.

After that I soldered and sleeved them with heat shrink. 8)

my mirrors wont work with the knowledge base info, I would be interested in info on that :grin:

The in/out and up/down is still reversed which apparently can only be fixed by re-wiring the motors in the mirrors. :gag: You can live with that! The left/right mirror selection, illumination, etc works as advertised in mine wired as below.

Corrado mirror Sw. change (13) (Large).jpg[/attachment:2s0xjh1a]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado mirror Sw. change (12) (Large).jpg[/attachment:2s0xjh1a]

nice legs :lol: thanks for the pics, great help :D