Sign in to follow this  
green_16v_corrado

What type of Exhaust Back Box is fitted to 16V?

Hi,

This may sound stupid but I've got a 1995 2ltr 16V, which is got a stainless box, which I think is too lould and I wish to get a standard box fitted.

What I want to know is if they are the same as a golf (MK2/3), the typical cost of them and stockists.

I'm no boy racer, so I feel quite embarrest when people here me go past

Thanks.

The Rado back box in unique to the car and not shared by anything in the VAG group. They're also horribly expensive for geniune ones!

Euro car parts quote £207.69 + VAT for an OE one and £59.14 +VAT for a non gen one.

Hope that helps,

Nick

is it just the back box that's aftermarket and stainless ? is the rest of the system VAG then. if it's an complete aftermarket system changing the back box if that's possible for VAG may not quieten the system down. from memory when i bought a back box from VAG a few years ago for my 16v they were about 200 squid .... Ouch....

I know what you mean about the noice of aftermarket exhausts i'm not a fan either. I like the tone and burble of my standard VR6 system.... that's why i have recently replaced it for stupid money with the genuiun VAG exhaust.. system cost me about £650 and that's not fitted :cuckoo: and it's not stainless, you could buy two magnex systems for that :cuckoo:

Where are you located green_16v_corrado? If you're reasonably local I might be tempted to swap my standard (All very recent) system for your stainless one.

Nick

Its just the backbox that is Stainless, the rest of the system is standard. Maybe then I'll get a non-genuine box fitted, as I don't want to pay loads for one.

I'm in Leeds, West Yorkshire by the way- so if anyone wants to swap your more than welcome.