Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

CAD/CAM program help

I know this may be a long shot but does anyone have any cad/cam drawing software , specifically that would be able to draw certain cars and then lay them on top of each other to compare their lengths and widths and the general shape of them. What I mean is , say you had a Toyota Corolla AE86 and you overlaid the profile onto the body of a Corrado, then you could compare roof lines and other shapes.

Thanks in advance, I know someone on here is doing Motorsport Engineering so , maybe they could help :wave:

No idea if you can do that in AutoCAD, sounds like something quite complicated to model.

Best bet would be to ask the guy who did a 3d render of a Corrado, try using the seach function.

cheers mate

only other option i suppose is to get busy with the photoshop and create 2 cars(same scale) but try to make one invisible so u can overlay it?

will keep looking

You can do it in autocad, just make blocks of each vehicle, say in a different colour, then over lay them and you'll be able to see the differences. You can then turn the blocks on or off depending on how many vehicles you had overlaid.

Alternativley take photos of said vehicles, scale them in photoshop then you can use the opacity function to fade them in / out.

You might be able to get the profiles of front back and top from Autocar, whenever they do a review of a car they do a little diagram of the car in all three views with measurements etc, maybe not from above.