KIPVW

Anyone have, Bilstein B4 Dampers?

Hi All,

Well the dampers on the 8v are past their best and I wondered if anyone had these Bilstein B4 units fitted to their car?

They are used as a direct replacement for the standard shocks and are supposed to be 20% firmer than factory ones too!

I Will be using the standard springs too as i like the JCB ride height and you need it around Sheffield :lol:

An opinion would be nice if possible.

Kip. :?

Dogging circles knowing Tom...

New Dampers from VW used to be £20 for the rears but they are more than double that now!

The 20% firmness probably just means they are gas, like the VR and maybe what the 8v has as standard too, VWspares sell Sachs/Boge OE replacements at good prices!

Ah Cheers for that Steve, had a good surf around and they seem quite highly thought of so decided to get some ordered.

Cost inc delivery was £203 for all four, and yes they are indeed Gas as you thought! will post up how they feel if i ever manage to fit them.

Have hopefully ordered all the right bits from the dealers to do the job proper too! Must get me one of those ETKA things as it'd be handy for looking at all the bits and part numbers :roll:

First time for fitting suspension for me but if you dont try you never know :lol: