Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Expansion tank hose pipe - where can I buy it?

In this old pic I took a while ago you can see a black and red hose attached to the expansion tank. This pipe runs down directly onto the top of the radiator.

I need a new one as it has developed a leak. My VW dealer says they cost 70 quid but the place they get them from has them on back order and it could be months beore it's available.

It was too late in the evening for me to phone GSF or Euro car parts, but does anyone know if they even sell them or anywehere else that would?

it's just a length of hose, plain and simple. Go down to B&Q or somewhere like that and get a piece cut to size. Failing that, I have one I can wind up for you and stick in a jiffy bag.

p.s. £70?!?!?!? :cuckoo: :shock: :nuts:

I was thinking that, but then I thought does it have to be a special kind of rubber that can handle hot temperatures? The scardy cat in me is ruling my common sense and I don't want to take any chances.

So just whatever rubber I can find that looks similar in thickness should do the job you think ?

***Just reading your latest post there.........has your OEM one been used?

I sourced some Goodyear high pressure/temp hose the right diameter from fleabay for about £5.

belfastmunchu, thats rubbish - go back to your dealer, that black and red hose isn't available any more but the plane 8mm ID water hose that replaces it is about £2 per metre, you need slightly more than this tho (TPS customers will need to buy 5m @ £10)

Boost if you havent sent that hose pipe yet would you still mind sending it even though my old one wasnt the prob after all. I snipped a few inches off the end of it so your old OEM one would still come in handy.