Sign in to follow this  
speedysmartypants

JUST FITTED SP 263 CAMS

ive just fitted my cams and sum lightweight lifters. not mapped cos im put my supercharger kit on in the next few weeks. went on a half hour test drive. result was inconclusive. i just not sure i can feel any gain. i think im actually missing bottom end now and the top end is running out quicker. what does anyone else think thats fitted these without a map? my car was already running 205bhp before and with no map. thanks for any comments and opinions you can give me

When I had mine installed without a remap it took a good few miles before the ECU adapted to them. At first like you I could not notice any difference but after about 20-30 miles it really came alive :D Failing that your car might need a remap or get it VAG-COM'd to make sure you haven't got any fault codes.

To be honest, I never knew the cars I did well enough for a proper before and after comparison, but unmapped, I think they'll be roughly the same as standard.

The noise is different though.

just wait until you have the rotrex installed, then they will make a huuuuuuge difference.

yeah i spoke to andy at storm today and he said i shouldnt have bothered putting them on before i put the charger on. he said that because they are designed for forced induction without a map they will make the car feel less aggressive and the fueling will be all over the place. lesson learnt then.