Sign in to follow this  
kvwloon

Stainless Exhaust - kin 'ell!

.....seeing as I've had the 16v 'rado over ten years now, and see no reason to ever sell her, have been thinking of investing in a new stainless exhaust. Been keeping an eye on Ebay for a while, and bugger me, a near as dammit new removed system came up for £100 posted. Took a bit of a gamble and bought it. Fitted it over weekend, took it for a good drive tonight......

....and bloody hell, she flies! Sounds great too, not loud and in yer face, but when accelerating hard sounds lovely.

Never expected an exhaust to make so much difference to performance. Chuffed. Ebay can still come up good. :D

ah, was kinda expecting the 'what make' question, should have said, no makers name on it. Appears to have been fabricated by one of those bespoke stainless exhaust making places.

When I first got 'rado ten odd years ago you couldn't get a 16v stainless exhaust, just VR, now it seems the whole rado range is covered off the shelf by the major manufacturers. Pricey though, of course. If they're anything like the one I have now, well worth doing.

Makes you wonder what the state the original was like inside if its made that much of a difference.

well, the original was in pretty good nick to be honest, apart from one corroded bit on the large flat mid exhaust . I can only assume the 'new' one is a lot more free flowing?

Ditto coullstar. Sounds like your old one was leaky or blocked. Exhausts shouldn't really make that much difference, the OEM design is pretty good! Could well be psychological if you think the car feels faster.

did you de-cat it?

iv replaced two now in a year, being not cheep and power restricting might have to bypass it when i sort mine.

you've replaced 2 cats in a year? are you using old bean cans or something?

if you're killing cats ( :lol: ) that quick, you have serious fuelling issues my friend.

lol, yes i expect i do. got the standard exhaust on there. the c running like s**t lately but havent had the funds to give it some tlc. would it be a good idea to take it to stealth when i can?

yeah sounds like a plan. If you know how to do it, you could go through the whole lambda sensor check that would be a good starting point :salute:

yes dude, this is probably the cause of my dodgy idle. what is the check procedure? is it just a matter of checking the earths and putting the multimeter accross the wires from the ecu or maybe disconnecting the lambda probe to test it?