Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Battery Brackets or relocation

Ive done a search but couldnt find anything conclusive. Im looking for either some battery brackets to move it inboard so I can run a cold air feed just past the battery or relocate the whole lot into the boot.

1. Are there brackets available or is it a one of job?

2. What would be involved in relocating and is there an off the shelf kit to do this?

Can you undo the clamp a bit and slide it across enough to get a 3" duct behind it?

It'll get flattened behind the battery a bit but there's a bit more space behind there than when you first think. :shrug:

Im going to try that first, just thought someone may have thought about doing it before and wondering if it feasible. Ive seen the relocation kits before.

Well I'm going to be doing it soon, but I've got the Audi 3.2 Airbox that has a little squashed looking pipe that feeds the air round the battery on the TT/A3, you can see it on VAGCAT. I'm hoping to be able to use the same pipe!

You know what I think I still have the one I removed of my S3. Only issue for me is the power steering res sits right behind the battery on wing side.

Yeah, but it's quite easy to relocate it though! I'm using this one off an Ibiza (but with a Mk3 black cap), but only because it looks nicer imo! You could easily drill out the spot welds on the bracket holding the current tank on, and then use the holes you create in the bracket to bolt it onto the little metal galvanized bracket that is just under the battery, maybe with a little jiggery pokery!

Moveing the battery to the boot is pretty easy, just have to be really carefull in the routing of the main positive lead and that is properly protected against chafifng through!!

I made a little frame up that bolts to the floor in the back of the spare wheel well, unless u remove your fuel tank (to drill holes, fit bolts or weld) the battery has to be right up to the rear panel.

But to be honest for just a cold air feed moveing the battery to the boot is all wasted time unless its something u want to do for doings sake.

I moved mine to make way for a massive intercooler.