Sign in to follow this  
mattplace

g60 won't start!!!!

can someone please help!!! have had the corrado off the road for a few months and had s'charger rebuilt because of worn apex strips and leaking oil seals. car was running ok before i took charger off, apart from a bit of burning oil and low on boost. finally put car back together and the bloody thing won't start! it ran VERY rough for a few seconds then nothing. it will splutter every now and then. it has had an oil & filter change, new dizzy cap and rotor arm and a new vacuum hose from throttle body to ecu (exactly 1metre long). nothing else has been touched. i have also just noticed a loud ticking noise when the ignition is on. its coming from what i think is the ISV. -metal cylinder just infront of the throttle body with an electrical connection on the one end and a few hoses from it. is this right??? could this be my prob???

hello there , have you had the throttle body off ?? if so is the vacuum pipe on the correct oulet on the back of the throttle body ? ..

the vac pipe goes on the top outlet on the t body.

Gavin

This one is also more to the drivers side (RHD). The other one is downstream of the bypass butterfly. I cant believe VW designed the two outlets so close to each other yet they are totally opposite in function!! So easy to get mixed up!!

The vac line to the ecu is really the jugular of the G60. Everyone pease make sure yours is secure on bothe ends. If this comes of whilst in full boost......bad things could happen :?

cheers for all the replies so quickly. have been pulling my hair out over this.

i have definately put the leads on correctly because that was my first thought - all the symptoms are the same.

i will have to go down the workshop tomorrow and check that vacuum hose because i haven't touched anything else. i'm pretty sure i put it back on the same connection because it was a simple swap. maybe the outlet is blocked with some of the old perished hose which was a cu^t to get off???

what about that ticking noise coming from (what i understand is) the ISV??? is it normal???

Ps. if anyone wants dirt cheap tyres in south wales area send me an e-mail. can get any make. eg 205/40-17 "stunners" (high quality budget tyres) £35 inc. vat!!!